Airwindows AU plugins?

Effects and signal processing hardware, plug-ins, presets, impulse responses
DHR
Site Supporter

Post by DHR » 21 Jun 2007, 05:00

I DLd the freeverb CJ and have found it to be great for drums! I'm starting to put it in all my drum tracks... Combined tracks that is! Getting Air next. :)
Macbook, DAW, VIs, Guitars!

chrisj

Post by chrisj » 27 Jun 2007, 00:58

Alright, the character plugs are up! :D

http://store.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi ... 6FEGJ_LIVE&&

tremolounge
Site Supporter

Post by tremolounge » 27 Jun 2007, 16:08

The demos for the first batch (Logical, Neverland, etc) sound great! Got any demos for the newest ones (Cider, Calibre, Luxor, etc) yet?
Mac Pro 2.66 | 10GB | 10.6 | 828mk2 | Logic 9
63 Tele Relic | Fargen Epic 30 | Rogue Sitar
http://www.tremolo.com

taoyoyo

Post by taoyoyo » 27 Jun 2007, 16:08

good luck with those chris... love the channel plug and if you'd have caught me six months earlier (tight times right now unfortunately) i'd probably have 'em all by now!

(you are gonna have to do some sort of special deal or group buy at some point though! :P )

Ned Bouhalassa
Moderator & Site Supporter

Post by Ned Bouhalassa » 27 Jun 2007, 16:55

Here, here: all say YAY for a Character bundle! :P
My website/blog: You Shoot I Score

chrisj

Post by chrisj » 27 Jun 2007, 19:58

That IS the bundle price. Otherwise they'd be like $80 each :)

I'll get demos together as quick as I can, hold your horses until then.

spitfire31

Post by spitfire31 » 16 Jul 2007, 00:31

Chris, just have to thank you for the Density plug-in! I chained it after a (clean) NI B4, added the Leslie rotation and cabinet effect from a NI B4 II Fx and ran it through the ArtsAcoustic Reverb Small ambience. Wow!

I've always griped about NI's poor excuse for an overdriven Leslie in B4 II and here a FREE plug puts them to shame and shows it's possible to get that creamy overdrive just right!

I'm certainly going to invest in a brace of AW plug-ins now...

Thanks again!

/Joey
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Rico

Post by Rico » 18 Jul 2007, 04:23

Well I finally got a chance to test the free plug's and was very impressed, so I brought iron oxide, and again I am very pleased and impressed, I am going to buy some more of these in the coming weeks for sure, I really love the simple sliders it helps to just concentrate on the sound, and I love the way they are very focused, not all singing all dancing do a bit of everything but focused to a particular task,

I don't want to say to much yet as I haven't had them very long, but having been using them over the last couple of days on a project, I am beginning to think these may be some of the best plugs out there, they may look simple and not cost that much but boy they have something special going on,

So chrisj, you can expect more purchases from me, and I thank you, I was very sceptical at first, thats why I never got around to trying them, but I was wrong, they surprised me, and I think it's great that you don't use any dongles or even a code, this is the way it's supposed to be, you have my full support, if I was able to right plugins, this is the way I would want to do it, classy.

tremolounge
Site Supporter

Post by tremolounge » 01 Aug 2007, 07:21

I just noticed that Chris has added a couple new plugs, Reso and Scalpel:

http://store.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi ... 6FEGJ_LIVE&&

Reso looks like a lot of fun -- "...can do 'parked wah' effects of great sophistication." 8)
Mac Pro 2.66 | 10GB | 10.6 | 828mk2 | Logic 9
63 Tele Relic | Fargen Epic 30 | Rogue Sitar
http://www.tremolo.com

Rab

Post by Rab » 13 Aug 2007, 11:17

so i bought Iron Oxide - really like it for my guitar/distortion led tracks. Also good on material thats a bit cold and digital. Had that for a few weeks now, really worth the money. On the basis of that plug-in and in listening to the 'demos' I purchased Logical and Vari-Mu. Vari-Mu I can hear what its doing fairly easily although I'm not too sure wether its anything beyond compression and some colouring. Logical on the other hand I am totally at a loss with. I've tried it over drum busses, vocals, 2-busses, guitar sub mixes, detroit techno, godflesh-esque metal and other than pushing it to the extreme settings resulting in plain ol' distortion I cannot hear this doing anything. I'm a bit annoyed at these two purchases as I was expecting them to have as much of an effect as Iron Oxide. I was choosing between Neverland and Logical, I think I backed the wrong horse. Anyone else care to share any tips etc. on these plugs.

chrisj

Post by chrisj » 14 Aug 2007, 11:20

The Character plugs are intended to be on the 2-buss: you're not supposed to be hearing big changes on the 2-buss. I'm not sure if I should be putting up labels saying 'one of the subtle effect plugs'. Logical IS doing a whole lot of variable convolution modeling based on a real SSL impulse, but the thing about SSL is that it's not that bandlimited. One thing you should be noticing is that Logical is gonna tighten the bass up- same for Neverland- I've actually had complaints about it taking TOO much bass out, but it's part of the 'character', people's tastes will vary.

Another thing about it is that it is a more sophisticated version of the free 'Channel': you get to define at what point the peaks will start to soft clip with the hardness control, plus Logical (not Neverland) has a touch of actual compression in it. Basically the idea with Logical, and it may yet be useful for you this way, is that you put it on the 2-buss and slam tracks into it- it should stop anything actually digitally overloading, and you get to shape the sound of how you're 'distorting the buss'.

The proper way to do this is to hit it hard enough that there's sort of an aura and things are solid, but before you can actually hear any distortion really happening. If you've got it going where it's hitting really hard, it should be possible to hear texture changes with relatively small changes of the hardness control.

Hope you start getting more enjoyment out of Logical :)

Rab

Post by Rab » 14 Aug 2007, 11:35

chrisj wrote:The Character plugs are intended to be on the 2-buss: you're not supposed to be hearing big changes on the 2-buss. I'm not sure if I should be putting up labels saying 'one of the subtle effect plugs'. Logical IS doing a whole lot of variable convolution modeling based on a real SSL impulse, but the thing about SSL is that it's not that bandlimited. One thing you should be noticing is that Logical is gonna tighten the bass up- same for Neverland- I've actually had complaints about it taking TOO much bass out, but it's part of the 'character', people's tastes will vary.

Another thing about it is that it is a more sophisticated version of the free 'Channel': you get to define at what point the peaks will start to soft clip with the hardness control, plus Logical (not Neverland) has a touch of actual compression in it. Basically the idea with Logical, and it may yet be useful for you this way, is that you put it on the 2-buss and slam tracks into it- it should stop anything actually digitally overloading, and you get to shape the sound of how you're 'distorting the buss'.

The proper way to do this is to hit it hard enough that there's sort of an aura and things are solid, but before you can actually hear any distortion really happening. If you've got it going where it's hitting really hard, it should be possible to hear texture changes with relatively small changes of the hardness control.

Hope you start getting more enjoyment out of Logical :)
I'll try this method out tonight. Thanks for the reply :)

jrathkopf

Post by jrathkopf » 14 Aug 2007, 13:53

i bought iron oxide, hard vacuum and neverland from chris awhile ago.
i think these are great plugs.
it took me awhile to get the hang of hard vaccum, but now i find it pretty useful. i originally got it for guitar and bass stuff, but found it reallz is most useful on softsynths. used witj iron oxide, and i can get my soft synths to really fatten up and come alive.
i like neverland, but i got ozone recently and have been finding i a little harder to add in neverland. i find it does take a little of the bass away, and sometimes it seems a bit subtle. some songs it add a nice sheen,and on others i feel like it isnt doing much.
but when i consider all of his free plugs that i use in every song basically , especially freeverb, pressure,channel and cabsvt, and i am happy that i helped support his efforts.

zion15

Post by zion15 » 14 Aug 2007, 23:44

I finally got round using the free Channel yesterday - it gives a really nice tone on some tracks, especially when pushed pretty hard. I suppose I'll have to try to get one of the paid ones (maybe Iron Oxide) bought at some point if only for support and thanks :wink:
never stop loving music

Guru

Post by Guru » 22 Aug 2007, 07:31

I have to say I'm digging the free plugs Chris has made available (thanks Chris!) and scanning through the paid ones looking to pick up a couple.

I'm having a problem, though, with Pressure. I'm running DP 5.11 on a MacBook with an Ultralite. When I put Pressure on a track when I'm running a lot of other plugs (it seems fine when the CPU load is low) I'll get a series of pops when I open the file and lose my sound. I have to reconfigure the hardware driver to get it back. And when I go to bounce the track, I get a pop and then nothing in my stereo file.

Is this something in my system? I really like Pressure for some tracks, but can't make much use of it with this happening.