Icon Platform M+ failure

Audio, MIDI and computer hardware, not including effects or instruments
Frogs

Icon Platform M+ failure

Post by Frogs » 24 Jun 2020, 00:07

Here's the short version: I've had the Icon Platform M+ For a couple years. As a fader bank for Logic, it works pretty well, but I just wasn't using it that much. Most of my mixing is done in the box, and I never quite got used to Icon's feel. So I decided to make it a dedicated CC controller (redundant, I know), and am now in the process of losing what little hair I have left.

I was having trouble getting Logic to recognize the Platform when used in "User Define" mode, so did some sleuthing. The Platform shows up in Audio MIDI setup, and receives MIDI info from Audio MIDI Setup when in Test mode. In Logic, buttons assigned to CC functions work as intended. However, nothing is registering from the faders on the Platform. I have a MIDI monitor hooked up, plus the Audio MIDI Setup in Test mode, and moving faders on the Platform does not seem to be generating any MIDI information.

Does anybody have any experience with this device, and more importantly, can anybody suggest why this might be happening? This is most frustrating!