Anybody wanna try this?

Effects and signal processing hardware, plug-ins, presets, impulse responses
blaugruen7

Post by blaugruen7 » 11 Jun 2005, 02:23

urs,
any news about vst?
by the way:
now it works in cubase in 10.3.9. MOSTLY OFTEN.
sometimes i get bad graphic errors.
in 10.3.8. it crashes cubase immediatly

Urs
Site Supporter

Post by Urs » 11 Jun 2005, 02:40

Sorry,

I havn't yet found the time & motivation to set up my old G4... I need the source code to look into it, and as it's not on my main machine nor on any of my backup cds, I hope I can find it on the old one.

As I said, I'm not sure where to look. The crash log doesn't indicate anything, so my only chance would be using a newer version of the VST SDK / VSTGUI.

If the bug is in Sascha's original code, well, that would be a problem...

Cheers,

;) Urs
www.u-he.com <- UHBIK, Zebra, Filterscape, More Feedback Machine, Triple Cheese, ask for Zoyd UB

Bit 64

Post by Bit 64 » 26 Jun 2005, 00:39

I would give my third testicle, (I was born very close to a nuke power plant) to have blockfish working with Nuendo/SX

btw it was the upgrade from SX1 to SX2 when BF went bad, it is not a jag/panther issue. the first OSX version of Nuendo was 2 and BF never worked right in it.

The basic process was if you opened an instance of BF it seemed fine as long as you did not ever open the plug gui - or run audio through it

If you tried to re-open that project with the BF still there the project would not open and often the whole app would crash.

I have a UAD card but still miss BF more than seems rational or even sane. :cry:

cerberus

Post by cerberus » 28 Jun 2005, 10:41

Urs wrote:... I need the source code to look into it, and as it's not on my main machine nor on any of my backup cds, I hope I can find it on the old one.
Please try ! TIA.

cerberus
"It's quite scary actually, they seem to have nailed it, haven't they?"

ottoman42a
Site Supporter
Twitter: ottoman42

Re: Anybody wanna try this?

Post by ottoman42a » 23 Sep 2011, 15:51

Well they were nice while it lasted. I can't get Live or Logic to see them at all…AU veal doesn't even bother with them. Of course this is 6 years later on OS X 10.7.1 so they are probably super duper dead.
Have fun,
=Matt

Ottoble

"What's past is prologue" - Antonio
"...silence is not acoustic. It is a change of mind, a turning around." - John Cage

gdoubleyou

Post by gdoubleyou » 23 Sep 2011, 19:49

Yep, it's PPC only, but there still may be some hope.

Sascha, now works for Magix, and the Fishphone plugs now are live and well as the Analogue Modeling Suite.
http://www.samplitude.com/en/plugins-ad ... .1776.html

There were rumors of a Mac version of Samplitude, not sure it will happen.

But they do make a guitar Amp sim/effects in AU format, and maybe they can be nudged to bring all of their plug to AU.

8)
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Logic 9.1.8, LPX.0.4, OSX 10.8.5
Apollo Duo

funkyappledog

Post by funkyappledog » 05 Dec 2011, 18:16

Yes I'm sure i'm not alone in saying we would gladly Pay for the mighty Blockfish as AU's.